On January 2, 2011 this women passed away.
This is my Grandma, Martha Lambert Eldredge Moulton. She would have been 92 this February. She and my grandpa met and were married in 1951 and had four children. Her youngest child was my father. She lived a humble, but incredible life. I have learned so much from her over the years. I only regret not learning about her life until after she is gone. She is the youngest of 12 children, all of her family was taught how to love one another and all of them gained a love of education. She graduated from BYU in 1941 and began teaching grade school thereafter. She was always teaching us. She would constantly share her testimony with us. I never doubted that she knew the gospel. She is the most Christlike person I have been able to spend time with.
My sister and I had the opportunity to prepare her body for the casket. It was a spiritual experience, the man at the mortuary told us of a story he had heard from one of the presidents of the church (I don't remember which one he said). He said the when we die our spirit leaves our body and is greeted by our father in heaven who gives us a big hug and then tells us to go down to be with our body and those who were left behind. Then, when the body is buried the spirit returns to our father and is sent to work. When he was telling this to my sister and I, I felt the presence of my grandma in the room with us letting us know that we are loved.
It was difficult to see some of my extended family members who do not have the testimony that I do. It seemed they took the death of my grandmother very hard and I know that if they would just remember what she had taught them all of their lives that the attonement is real and that we can be together again in just a short lifetime. I am so grateful that I had such amazing parents that taught me about the plan of salvation and that I have the knowledge of where my grandma is, that she is happy, and we will be together again.
My sister and I had the opportunity to prepare her body for the casket. It was a spiritual experience, the man at the mortuary told us of a story he had heard from one of the presidents of the church (I don't remember which one he said). He said the when we die our spirit leaves our body and is greeted by our father in heaven who gives us a big hug and then tells us to go down to be with our body and those who were left behind. Then, when the body is buried the spirit returns to our father and is sent to work. When he was telling this to my sister and I, I felt the presence of my grandma in the room with us letting us know that we are loved.
It was difficult to see some of my extended family members who do not have the testimony that I do. It seemed they took the death of my grandmother very hard and I know that if they would just remember what she had taught them all of their lives that the attonement is real and that we can be together again in just a short lifetime. I am so grateful that I had such amazing parents that taught me about the plan of salvation and that I have the knowledge of where my grandma is, that she is happy, and we will be together again.
This is one of my favorite pictures of my grandparents and one of the last memories I have of my grandma.

No comments:
Post a Comment