January 31, 2011

Our Eventful January


This is a picture of my dad and his siblings.
At the start of the new year my grandma passed away. This event brought family together from all over the world. Grant who came from California, John from Montana, Joe from Afghanistan, and Marian from Salt Lake. It was great to be able to spend so much time with family. It has been a long time since we've had the opportunity to do that.
My dad got to see his granddaughter.

Levi, Makenna, and Athena at the viewing. 
My talented brother Daniel drew a picture of my grandma and displayed it at the viewing and services. I wish I had a picture to share it with you. (Next time, or when I get one I will) It really is great!
While we were there, we were able to go to one of Levi's last swim meets. He did an amazing job. 

We were so lucky that these two men were able to make it. They have been serving our country for the past 5-6 months. My dad had to return to Afghanistan to finish out his tour, he will be home in a month from now! Michael was able to come home a month early from his tour and gets to stay home! It's just too bad it had to happen under these circumstances. We were so happy to see them though.

These two beautiful girls were able to come as well. I think in the last two months they have been in Utah about 93% of the time. Does Athena remember what home is like? I bet her grandma and grandpa were happy to see so much of her. Makenna and Atty were able to stay with us for the weekend while my parents and some siblings went to Disneyland. 
We're happy you came sad to see you leave.

My brother and I also celebrated our 24th birthday. I'm glad he was here to share it with. 
Even if he was sick :(

3 comments:

  1. I had NO idea that you had a TWIN brother until Brei told me the other day. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother but I bet it was wonderful to be around so much family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried about your father being over in Afgahnistan during all of this. I'm glad he got to come home. Grandparents are one of the sweetest things about life, I'm so sorry for your loss, but like you said, glad you get to be with again. You whole family looks so similar, and like Tanja I didn't know you had a twin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope you and your bro had a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete