April 13, 2012

Our New Addition

Jane Elizabeth Johnson was born at 2:51AM on April 3, 2012. 
She weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces, and was 18 1/4 inches long. 
Her head circumference is below 1% of the average.
She sleeps all the time, and hardly ever cries. We are so blessed.
(Above photos are brought to you by MB Photography.)

My water broke after sitting down to rest after a busy morning at 3:30p on Monday April 2nd, I was 37 weeks pregnant.  

I ran upstairs to the bathroom and stood in the shower while the water kept flowing out. I was not having any contractions so we called the doctors office and had to leave a message. We waited around at home for the nurse to give us a call back. We made it to the hospital at 4:40p and was measuring at a 4. I was told that it was going to be a quick labor because I was progressing so fast. We walked around the labor and delivery wing for about an hour and the contractions were getting pretty hard. I was checked again and measured near a 6 so I was able to get into the tub and go through contractions in there. After another hour I got out and measured at a 7. I then sat out the contractions on the bed and when the contractions were getting a bit too much for me I decided to get an epidural because I was becoming exhausted and I had not eaten lunch. 
I was given a small dose of Pitocin to get over the hump between 7 and 8 centimeters. I started pushing when I was measuring at a 9 and 100% effaced. Three hours later the doctor was called to deliver our baby. I was threatened that I would have to have a C section so I pushed as hard as I could muster, because I did not want to recover from it. The doc helped little Jane out with the forceps and she came to join us a half hour after the he made it to the hospital. 
She ended up being face up instead of looking at the doctors shoes. That is why it took so long to get her out.
Her poor head.  
Our first family photo. This has happened so quickly for us. I feel like I just told Chris that he would be a father. How did it happen so fast?!
This is the afternoon after she was born. The swelling went way down and the bruising had started going away.
Mommy and baby.
Precious little feet. Although her foot print look so big.
This is a picture of her after she had her real first meal. She only ate very little before then.
She is so incredible. We love every second that she has been in our lives. I can't stop watching her. She grows every second. If anyone knows what the secret is to slow the growth process I'll pay you for it.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you made it full-term and that you escaped a c-section. (Pushing that long is hard; sounds like you were tough.) I think Jane is a sweet name for a beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely beautiful you guys! Congratulations! Take a ton of pictures. They do grow up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! She is beautiful, I'm glad things turned out so well during the delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing how precious babies are! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so cute! I'm glad things turned out well. What an adventure! And sorry I don't have the secret for slow growth. My boy was 23 pounds by 6 months old! Just enjoy every single second!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is absolutely beautiful. Glad you didn't have to have a c-section! Sorry the pushing took so long... I tell ya- if I knew the secret to slow down the growing, I'd tell ya for free!! Ha. Really though- just take lots of pictures and video and enjoy every moment; though I'm sure you already are. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. She is so cute. And you guys all look really happy. I love the broken water picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What an exciting birth story! I wish I had to secret to stop these little babes from growing so fast! It feels like I just wrote my birth story yesterday! :) Enjoy every minute, I'm sure you will! Best of luck to you all!

    ReplyDelete