August 14, 2011

Crazy Storm

Last Saturday night we had a crazy storm. Apparently in Cache Valley there was one as well. The lightning lit up the night sky. The lightning and rain lasted for hours. I was almost waiting for the tornado alarm to sound. There were times that you could hear the rain falling and then you would hear it slap against the house so hard. I had never seen anything like it before that lasted that long. We woke up the next morning with no power, and the first thing I thought of was how glad I was that we had food storage. 

The power came on soon after it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it was. It just made me aware of how blessed we are when we obey the teaching of the prophets.

Boy. What a crazy place we've moved to.

2 comments:

  1. Love love love that you posted!! :) I've been wondering how you two have been. Great Zoo shots. Well, do you love your new place? We haven't gotten new neighbors yet. We'll see whenever that happens. But Esther does have 8 teeth now. All hugs! - the Weights

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you've been up to a lot of fun things lately. Those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete