May 01, 2011

Balanced Man Triathlon

This weekend my brothers and I did the Balanced Man Triathlon at Utah State Campus. When I signed us up I had us all signed up as individual teams, and then I wimped out and asked Michael if he would like to be on a team together. Levi was the brave one and did it all on his own. Michael did the swim and bike for our team and I ran. 

This is the boys getting ready for the 500 yard swim. Michael on the left and Levi on the right. 
Levi did the swim in 8 or so minutes, passing everyone that came his way. 

Michael had a little bit harder time with the swim but finished with good time.

 Levi in transition from bike to run.
Michael in Transition from bike and I'm about to start to run (in the center of the photo with the blue helmet).
Both Levi and Michael had the same time, 40 minutes, on the 8 mile bike ride. 

Levi did his 5K run with about 10.5 minute miles and finished in 1 hour and 40 minutes. (I think)
My goal was to do to finish in with 10 minute miles. I was able to do in with 8.75 minute miles. So I was proud of myself for that. But, the whole time I was waiting for my turn to go I convinced myself that when I sign up for the next one I wont wimp out and just do one leg of it. I would do the whole thing. I felt that I really missed out on the whole experience. Although I am glad I did it and that my brothers were able to do it with me. 
I was so much fun. 
Thanks mom and dad for coming and supporting us. You two are AMAZING!
After the race my parents took us all out to Wingers (one of our favorite restaurants) then we went to our ward 150th anniversary BBQ and open house. How many people can say that they live in a ward that is a 150 years old and have a temple in the ward boundaries. 
My family will be up again next week for Chris' graduation. YE-AH!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Justine! Kudos to you! I don't think I could EVER do anything like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Are we going to do one for the reunion?

    ReplyDelete