March 04, 2011

Where to go next?

Boy do we have a question for you all! And this isn't about a cookie this time either. Today Chris got a phone call from the office of admissions at Creighton University. He has now been accepted to Creighton and University of Southern Nevada! But now we have a big and pretty tough decision to make. Do we stay here in Utah where we have family, friends, and connections, or do we pack up and take our talents to Omaha? 
Downtown Omaha in all it's splendor!

The Salt Lake Valley with it's glorious mountains!

Really though, what are your thoughts on our upcoming move? You can base it solely off location/cities or else or else off what you know about the schools. We are not going to base our decision off your opinions either so feel free to speak your mind.
We've been blessed thus far in our lives we know that wherever we end up it is because the lord has a plan for us there. We just hope that we will be able to figure out which one that will be.

5 comments:

  1. Oh these decisions suck! :) All too familiar! Although I really miss being close to family, it has really been a blessing to live away and be completely on our own. We have grown a lot and I am grateful for the experience. Someone once told Kip to go to the best school you can get into because it will be more beneficial in the long run... He took that advice. I don't know what pharmacy school rankings are like, but Creighton seems like a well known school. Do his offers come with any financial aid or do you have to pay out of pocket? Ultimately, our decision came only after a lot of prayer and thought - it may not have been the best offer (as far as money goes) on the table, but it just felt right. :) Best of luck! Be sure to keep updating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, kids, it's Edie/mom. I know you think you know how I feel but here goes. Selfishly, I would love to have you here in the valley with me. It's a long drive to Omaha to come babysit or have you to dinner or a million other things that we could help you with. However, I know first hand how beneficial it is for a young couple to be independent of family and have to rely on each other. You become a strong family unit, in your marriage and in the gospel. But!, I also know that finding out what the Lord wants you to do, and not your heart, or your family or friends, is tough. My advice, fast, pray, go to the temple and then follow the Lord's plan. I know you will do the right thing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lived outside of Utah a few times and always loved it. It's my advice to take the opportunity of it's given to you. You can always come back in the future, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you could get 10x more delicious beef steaks from Omaha. Although it may smell like cow pucky all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say Omaha. You can always move back to Utah later, but there is no better time to have an adventure than when you are young and childless!

    ReplyDelete