February 28, 2011

Delectable Cookies?

First of all. We're still waiting on news from Creighton University. We will hopefully get a call or letter this week (crossing our fingers).


I have been craving oatmeal chocolate cookies for some time now. I want to make the perfect cookie. But have not found the right recipe yet. I want a cookie that is thick, chewy and soft, along with amazing flavor that would taste incredible when dipped in milk. (Is you mouth watering yet?) So today my goal was to find the perfect recipe and have some cookies for lunch (and or dinner).

I've been doing a little research to find out what makes a cookie soft, chewy and thick. This is what I've discovered.
A high moisture content keeps a cookie soft and chewy. So the recipe, baking time, and temperature determine the moisture content. The dough needs to have a little extra flour, to make it stiffer, I guess it would make it spread out less when it's baking and would make it thicker, and softer because the water would evaporate less. I also read the chilling the dough in the fridge for about a half hour would help too. One site I read said to bake the cookies for a shorter period at a higher temperature and to take them out of the oven when the centers are still "Pale."
Now I would get around to baking, but the problem is I don't have a delicious recipe. Please help. Does anybody out there have an incredible recipe that they would be able to give me? (Without divulging your grandmas secret ingredient.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey sister lena hardman had this amazing cookie recipe when we were in high school she had it down to a science and they were good cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey- these cookies don't have oatmeal in them but oh man, they are good- http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Big-Fat-Chewy-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie/Detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete