November 11, 2010

Dinner with a pirate

Tonight I had dinner with a pirate.
Chris is gone. Somewhere. He's usually at class or work so either one of those. Since he was not home tonight the only person I had to keep me company during dinner was this guy.
As you can see he doesn't look very friendly, and the truth is he's not. He kind of just sat there staring at me.
You may be wondering why we have this strange man in our house.
Welp, Chris is the proud winner of the 2010 JJ Cole Halloween Bowl MVP trophy.

Last Saturday was the 9th annual JJ Cole Halloween football game. Chris played hard, had a couple catches for big yards, and had the interception of the game that helped turn the momentum for good. The interception is what he is most proud of. The opposing QB took off running but was still looking to pass the ball so Chris stayed back in coverage and watched the QB. Finally he threw the ball 20 yards down the field near the sideline. Chris was there to make the leaping catch while still managing to get both feet down in bounds before his momentum carried him out.

The sad thing about all this is that it will be our last time being able to play in this exciting game. Our thanks go out to Jeremy and JJ Cole for letting us be a part of this tradition for the last few years. It's been fun!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha, that's so funny! Pirates make good friends, I hear.

    P.S. Found you!! Through a series of links, I found your blog so now I will be blog stalking you :) Hope that's ok...

    ReplyDelete