Today marks a huge milestone in our little family. Today Justine graduated from Utah State University with a Bachelor's degree in Community Health Education (more commonly known to people as health promotion) with a certificate in gerontology (for those less familiar with that word, it means that she knows how to help old people well).
Justine receiving her "diploma". It's really only her diploma case. The real thing isn't mailed out for another eight weeks. Lame, I know.
I was glad that I was able to be down on the floor taking pictures of her and was also able to congratulate her immediately after she walked across the stage.
Can anyone see her in this crowd of people? I'll give you a hint, she is the most gorgeous girl in it!
We were lucky to have lots of family there to support her. In attendance at the ceremony were Justine's parents and most of her siblings, our cute little niece, Athena (Atty, also pictured above with Justine. I also should point out Atty and Makenna came down from Washington), Chris' parents and most of his sisters, and Chris' grandma and grandpa Johnson. Thank you all for being there showing your love and support!
Afterwards, we all went to Fredrico's Pizza to celebrate! Megan, Rachael, and Brianna (Chris' sisters) all got together and made a couple of cakes for Justine. They were well decorated and very delicious. After Fredrico's, we went to Merlin Olsen Park to play with both of our families. It was a lot of fun playing baseball with everyone, despite my tee ball bat of 18 years getting broken (rest in piece my little piece of equipment, you served me well all these years!).
When we were finished playing at the park, Justine's family took off for home and took my precious wife with them! Justine is going to spend the next week with her mom and Makenna and Atty in Las Vegas in a Marriott suite! How awesome would that be?! Which leaves me at home with nothing to do but find out for myself just how much Justine does for me! I'm gonna miss you honey!
You gotta hand it to her, she is a woman that has many accomplishments in her young life. This is just another stepping stone for an amazing future. She is the example that I look to when I'm sick of studying. Not only do I see her pushing hard to graduate but she is also simultaneously volunteering her time, talents, and abilities to those around her that are in need. She is an inspiration to all people to do all that you can with the time you are given NOW! Thanks Justine for being a great friend, fellow student, co-worker, and wife! We all love you and are proud of this newest accomplishment of yours!
That's great!
ReplyDelete