It was fall break a few weeks ago. That's right. The semester is half over. Between studying Jane and I were able to enjoy having Chris be home. We went to the zoo and took a trip to Kansas City.
Jane really enjoyed watching the fish at the aquarium. She mostly just watches people but I think she is starting to notice the animals as well.
We were lucky enough to go when a few of the animals were close to the window to view. (unfortunately we usually go when the animals are sleeping in there hidden caves.) This is a grizzly bear that woke from its nap long enough to roll over to a more comfortable position.
And here is a chimp watching the people watching him.
We are lucky enough to live near so many Church History sites. We took the short 2 1/2 hour drive to Kansas city. We stopped by Independence to check out the Visitors Center there. It was remodeled about 10 years ago. So it has been updated since my family and I went the summer before I was in fourth grade.
On our way to see the visitors center in Liberty we drove past a 7-Eleven. We had to stop and get ourselves a much needed Slurpee. We don't have 7-Eleven's near our house. ICEE's just don't cut it.
It didn't even matter what flavor we got. It was just delicious.
We took a tour of Liberty Jail, where Joseph Smith and five other men were imprisoned for several months in a tiny, cold basement. I cannot imagine how difficult that would have been.
We of course needed to get some bbq we headed over to Oklahoma Joe's they serve some dang good barbeque.
Our last stop was the mall close by then back home again. it was a good short trip. We'll have to do it again.







less Chris, more Jane.
ReplyDeleteI love her expressions