September 25, 2010

My time

There is one thing I have had a lot of lately, and that's time. My goal during the summer was to find a great job, and for a college grad I thought that would be easy. When it was not turning out the way I hoped, I tried to spend my time more wisely.
So. . . I pulled out my sewing machine, needle and thread, and paint and went to work.Out of some tee shirts that needed some life, I give you...
I just cut a line down the center and added some cute fabric.
This shirt I just cut down the sides and added some fun fabric I had leftover from my quilt.

I hand sewed the t shirts because my sewing machine was sick and at the doctors. : (
I made some paper roses to fill a filipino basket.
These were fun and easy to make.
Chris and I had some left over ply wood, so we made a name sign. Chris cut and sanded the wood. I painted and glued it together.
Painted plywood. I love the yellow color and tiny bit of red accent.
I think it turned out pretty good. I haven't glued them together yet in this picture.
When my sewing machine was fixed I made this cute purse and wallet for my cute little neighbor upstairs from us. I hope Amy will love it.
These are my summer creations. Hopefully more to come.

5 comments:

  1. You are so talented Justine! Everything looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow; I love it! It would be fun to be neighbors to you and Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a talented lady! I absolutely love your summer creations! It is so fun to check out your blog! Love ya Lady! ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy does love the little purse, and what's more Ryan and I love it! :) Thanks for being so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete